Saturday, November 13, 2010
ISM SWIMATHON 2010
Aisya managed to complete 104 laps within 1 hour in the International School Manila Swimathon. We have overlooked this event and just decided to come to the school pool and register at site. Congratulations Aisya.
it is a fun activity for all of our swimmers and the ISM community as a whole. It gives kids a chance to set goals, and strive to exceed those goals. Our objective for Swimathon is twofold:
1. Ensure that the swimmers have a positive experience and can demonstrate their increased ability in the sport.
2. Help the swim club raise funds for charity and for equipment and awards.
We hope that each swimmer will participate in the Swimathon to the best of their ability.
GROUP REGISTRATION TIME MEAL TIME SWIM TIME TARGET METERS / LAPS
Elementary School 2:15pm 3:30pm 2:30-3:30pm 1,000-2,500m / 40-100
Middle School 3:15pm 4:30pm 3:30-4:30 pm 2,000-3,500m/ 80-140
Parents, Faculty/Staff, Coaches
4:15pm 5:30pm 4:30-5:30 pm 1,000-2,500m / 40-100
High School 5:15pm 4:30pm 5:30-7:30 pm 4,000-9,000m / 160-360
1. Swimmers may start collecting pledges as soon as they receive the pledge sheets. Reminder: Pledge sheets need to be turned in on Swimathon day. Pledges may be made by anyone.
2. Each sponsor making a pledge should write their own name, pledge per lap, and maximum pledge or set amount pledge. Swimmers may collect the pledge in advance but must keep pledges until all are collected.
3. On the day of the Swimathon, each swimmer MUST have an adult lap counter/ supervisor, to keep track of the number of laps completed. Swimmers will not be able to swim if they don’t have an adult supervisor. Each group will swim during a specified period in our pool. Each lap is 25 meters.
4. During the Swimathon, swimmers are allowed to stop as needed for toilet and water breaks. If a swimmer needs to stop they simply move to a corner of their lane or get out of the pool so that other swimmers may continue unimpeded. Older swimmers are encouraged to stop as little as possible. Do note that swimming aids of any form are not allowed.
5. Upon completion of the Swimathon, students will get their lap count approved. A volunteer will record each student’s lap total on their pledge sheet and return it. Students may then collect outstanding pledges. Please pay the pledges to the school cashier into the Sailfish Account as well as return the pledge sheets to the ISM Sailfish Swim Club by Friday 10th December.